Repairs and alterations

Apply for a housing adaptation

Adaptations can help tenants who are older or disabled to live independently at home by making their property easier to live in.

To find out if you qualify for an adaptation, equipment or support at home you should contact Community Health and Social Care Direct

A member of the Occupational Therapy Team may need to visit you to carry out a more detailed assessment and decide with you the best way to help you live independently.

A referral to an Occupational Therapist would be made if:

  • You have more than 2 conditions that are impacting on your functioning ability.
  • Your situation is unstable and changes from day to day or will change significantly within the next few months.
  • Your environment is complex and difficult to adapt.
  • You are unable to safely transfer from one seat to another.
  • You are unable to safely mobilise independently.

If it is not possible or reasonable to make adaptations then the option of rehousing may be considered.

If you do not qualify for property adaptations funded by Community Health and Social Care Direct, you may like to consider making alterations to your home at your own expense.