Council Tax Support overview

Help may be available to assist you in meeting the cost of your council tax if you are on a low income.

Council Tax Support can pay all or part of your council tax depending on your circumstances. You can apply whether you are working or unemployed.

The amount of help you receive depends on who lives with you. We also look at the total amount of money you have coming into your household. Even if you own your own home, you may still be able to receive help with your council tax.