Ward committee funding

Funding for smaller projects or events which focus on specific neighbourhoods or up to four council ward areas.

Who can apply for ward committee funding

To apply, you must be a not-for-profit organisation, such as a:

  • community or voluntary group
  • registered charity
  • not-for-profit business (such as a community interest company or social enterprise) 
  • council department (if you are applying for a project to provide additional services beyond what you normally provide) 
  • public sector body (if you are applying for a project to provide additional services beyond what you normally provide)    

Organisations must have:

  • an elected management committee that meets on a regular basis, or general meetings held on a regular basis
  • a document describing how they are governed (for example, a constitution or memorandum and articles of association)
  • an equal opportunities statement or an equalities and diversity policy (this may be contained within a governing document)
  • their own bank account with at least two unrelated signatories, who do not live at the same address
  • systems enabling them to manage their finances (for example, keeping accurate records and making sure accounts are examined or audited, depending on the nature and size of the organisation)
  • practices and procedures for any paid employers and volunteers which conform to legislation on employment, health and safety, racial and sexual discrimination, disability discrimination and age discrimination
  • if relevant, procedures on how they safeguard the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults - this includes appropriately training and vetting paid staff and volunteers working with vulnerable adults, children, and/or young people
  • sufficient insurance cover in place for all relevant risks – for example, theft, fire, employer’s and public liability and third party damages.