Apply for a business rates refund

You can claim a refund if your business rates account is in credit

You will need your existing business rates reference number to claim a refund. This is on the top of your bill and starts with 69 or 70.

You can check your balance online by signing in or making a request to view your account online.

Manage your business rates account online

If the credit is due to an amendment by the VOA you may qualify for interest on the overpayment. Where an account is in an individual’s name then we will deduct tax. You will not receive interest if you have been to court for non payment and received a liability order in the relevant year.

If you paid by Direct Debit, we will refund any overpayment back into your bank account. Otherwise you will receive a credit notice so that you can claim a refund.

All refunds are paid by BACS therefore it would be helpful if you have your bank account details at hand before you complete the form below.

Apply for a business rates refund